Tuesday, March 6, 2012

China Glaze - Electrify

Hello there!


I'll be honest with you - with my vintage polishes obsession, it is really rare that a new collection really catches my eye other than one or two colors. There is so much to explore and discover with the discontinued that I often forget just how awesome new collections CAN be. Case in point - China Glaze's new Hunger Games collection. Holy. Moly. I literally want each and every polish. I don't think I've ever loved a current collection in it's entirety like this one. AMAZING. I'm going to start off with the first polish to catch my eye - Electrify. If there is anything China Glaze kicks butt at it's glitter! 





This glitter is so easy to love. Electrify is a yellow gold and red glitter polish, with the gold taking about 60%. It reminds of of embers from a fire. I love the glowing gold effect the gold glitter has and how the red is so complimentary! I don't think I'd ever wear this stunner as a layering polish, I think it's far beyond fantastic on it's own. This is three coats. When it catches the sun - WATCH OUT!!! :P



China Glaze rocks my socks off.
Who else is digging this glitter? :) Dana




10 comments:

  1. I came so close to picking this up yesterday, but decided that I have so much glitter that I can't possibly handle another! I picked up Smoke and Ashes, Stone Cold (a matte?? nice!), and Luxe & Lush. Now I'm thinking I may have to go back and grab this baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely am in love with not only this color, but this whole collection. :) All these colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I called my Sally's the day this came out and made them hold 6 polishes from the collection for me. This and Anchors Away are probably the best collections I have seen in years. I did not pick this one up because it is very close to a polish from NOPI that came out at Christmas, but boy is it pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I better go by Sally's to see if they are in - or rather gone yet. Agro has been calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks so elegant! I love how red and gold matches together!
    www.missadelinne.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really excited to get this one! It's super pretty and it's glitter, so what's not to love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gotta admit, I want about half of the Hunger Games collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeeeeeee I love it!! your swatches are AMAAAAAZING!! i can't wait to wear this one:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the love, ladies!!!! I'm thinking next up to swatch will be Harvest Moon or Agro!!!!!

    ReplyDelete