Saturday, January 7, 2012

Old and New: Naturistics Super Shine in Midnight Creme & MUA Nail Varnish in shade 13

Happy Saturday! 

Today is day one of my vacay! Yay for going home to family, friends, and a NB's meet-up! It's going to be an amazing week! Did I mention an Ulta/Sephora/Lush trip? Eeeeek! So excited! :D Time for an Old and New post as well - and first off I have a vintage Naturistics polish, Midnight Creme. I have an issue with black polish. I'm always on the search for great black cremes. I have way more then any girl should have. This one makes it to maybe the top five? Plus I'm a sucker for vintage Naturistics. :p





Well girls, they sure don't call it Super Shine polish for nothin! SUPER SHINY! This is two coats without a topcoat. Amazing. As some black cremes, the first coat went on a little streaky, but the second evened it all out perfectly. Really an awesome polish. I can see myself reaching for this again and again. I am really a fan of Naturistics polishes - the formula is pleasant and the colors and glitters can be so unique and fun. 




Next up I have a polish brand that was completely new to me until I did an epic swap with my lovely blogger friend Esther. I got to try SO MANY new brands from that swap. *happy dance* She sent me three MUA polishes, and since I am a green polish whore (yes, I said it. I have a problem.) I couldn't wait to swatch this vibrant green lil guy. Turns out he is a chrome/foil hybrid that is just amazing! Now I only wish MUA bottle were bigger! Formula was on point, this is two coats.





Oh yea.
Essie All In One Base/ Revlon Quick Dry topcoat

8 comments:

  1. I love the MUA brands they are like tester bottles but without having a larger one to purchase I have a few I have to swatch yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the most shiny black I've ever seen. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that green!!! It's gorgeous. I'm not into black polish, but this one is so shiny, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also looking for a great black creme polish-- this is awesome! I love how shiny it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That IS a shiny black! I've got 2 vintage Naturistics polishes too. I used to really like that brand...I've got a lip gloss (or two) & eye liner as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every one needs this black! I want more Naturistics cosmetics!

    ReplyDelete